Monday, October 18, 2010

Dandiya!

It seemed wrong that I had gone to Navratri celebrations so much in the U.S., and couldn't make my way to one garba here in India... luckily, I am super well connected (:P), and managed to get into one on Friday night!

Started with food, obvs. Delicious pav bhaji.

Just one of my excellent hosts, enjoying the aforementioned deliciousness.


Then we quickly moved onto dessert: kulfi. YUM.


And then: the main event. They had the dancing areas blocked off with two circles: one for people who had been through training for the past month (I kind of felt like my three years in FOGANA should count, but whatevs), and the other circle for people who wanted to be silly and just mess around. Unlike in the U.S., they started off with the raas.

ACTION SHOT. We had a blast, though dandia were in limited supply. We mostly just twirled around in circles and laughed at ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. I dont know what you're eating but it looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is making me really hungry. I totally am going to go home and eat something yummy along these lines.

    ReplyDelete